I was born in Singapore on 31 Jan 1980. It was that little red dot on the world map where there is either rain or shine every day. I love to drive and fortunately, I have a small car with me to drive my whole family for shopping and food outings. I also love to sing karaoke, and the feeling of singing kicks in when I have not touched the microphone for months. Other than that, I also love to read books and develop software and websites in my free time for myself and for others.
What are the four greatest things that have made me who I am today?
- Since 2009, Simin and I were married and we have born two girls and one boy by the name of Faith, Dawn and Zac respectively. They were born in 2012, 2015 and 2013 respectively. And now, we have just moved into our first house together. Life is great!
- Since 2008, I have been working full time in digital marketing for Epson Southeast Asia. Working closely with my countries in the Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Web Consortium and Information Systems, I put my primary focus on social media marketing, website marketing and email marketing.
- Since 2003, I have been a serial entrepreneur who worked on businesses in real estate, multi-level marketing, web design agency, web portals, gaming console system, event marketing, courier delivery, food and beverages, and finally in the internet marketing industry today.
- Since 1997, I started building websites with xoom, tripod and geocities. Subsequently in 1998 and after, I started buying my own domain names and using different kinds of hosting plans. I can still remember the days of hearing the modem sounds before connecting to the Internet. Speed was really a luxury at that time, and driver download to update my computer and its peripherals were my favourite hobbies!
Who I am today?
I am a digital marketing lead for Epson Southeast Asia. During my free time, I am also a digital enabler, a web strategist, a web consultant, a social media evangelist and a software developer. I am also a proud husband of Simin and a loving daddy of Faith, Zac and Dawn.
What is this website about?
This is my personal blog where you will learn about my interest in digital marketing, entrepreneurship and also geeky stuff such as mobile devices, desktop computers and computer servers. I also write Internet reviews (for free, for money, or for personal ramblings), motivation, daddy’s life and Christianity.
This blog was started off by writing sponsored reviews back in 2007 and slowed down in my reviews as I got myself a full time job subsequently I had a great time reviewing digital marketing products and services, and got to know some of the influential bloggers out there as I was pleased to write guest posts for all of them.
I may sometimes blog about things, but please bear in mind of my disclaimer.
Everything that I do online as Charles Lau is on my own personal basis. The views expressed on my websites and on my social media accounts belong to me alone, and not my employer.
The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
Hence, if I ever say something stupid in the future, I’ll like to point out that the stupidity is mine alone… And nobody can have it!
- I am working on digital marketing for Epson South and Southeast Asia since 2008.
- I founded Charlesonic for my digital marketing hobby since 2007.
- On my blog, my review articles may be sponsored, but I am as impartial as I can to get my readers see what’s in it for them.
- My websites contain affiliated links. In fact, I will try to get affiliated links whenever possible since I am already talking about them whether they are positive or negative articles.
- My websites contains advertisements as well.
Brand Attributes: Knowledgeable, Ambitious, Energetic and Positive
Dream: To become a successful Internet entrepreneur who build Internet businesses from zero to hero.
Tagline: The web isn’t magic, it’s merely efficient.
Thanks for browsing my blog. To make sure you don’t miss my newest posts, you can subscribe via RSS or email. I also accept a limited amount of advertising. Please feel free to contact me, and subscribe to my feed to keep in touch with me.
Last update: 18 March 2015