It seems to be a secret for many to think how a person can stay positive in life. The fact is that human beings are negative by nature. One such article to reference is this.
The thing is that we need to make an effort to be positive conscientiously. It is not a natural thing after all, and many hate it when negativity hits them.
I thank God that I am exposed to many things to help me to stay positive conscientiously. Here’s some of things you may want to do:
- Thank God for everything.
- Thank God for all the things that you already have. It may sound weird but I take time to thank God for having a comfortable bed to sleep, an understanding wife to be with, and even thank God that I have a MacBook Air to use. Just whenever I can remember whatever, I will thank God for it.
- Over a period of time when I am receiving new things in life, I thank God as well. I thank God for every single thing that I have! Even when I manage to find a parking lot (It is a competition to find a parking space in Singapore!), I thank God for it too…
- Even when I don’t get certain things, I will also thank God that I may be having something even greater in life. It is just waiting for me to get it.
- Every problem has its respective solutions.
- When we have a solution, it ends there. But when we have a bigger problem, we will have a bigger solution which goes a longer mileage.
- So, embrace all problems as they prepare you for even more solutions!
- It’s all about every word we say out from our mouth. So focus on saying solutions (and its problems as a background if you need to). Brood about it if you need to before you say out the solutions. Never just say out problems without any solutions.
- Everything in life has its good and bad.
- Life is very fair as it has both sides in everything. Black and white. Blue and red. Ups and downs. Left and right. Good and bad. Happy and sad.
- So while you are on the negative side, think about the positive side as well. When you are on the positive side, think about the negative side too so as to look out for more problems to solve. (Remember not to stop at finding problems… Only stop after you have found solutions.)
- Don’t-care mentality for things that don’t matter.
- There are just so many things in life that I only have 24 hours a day. In fact, I only have 16 hours after sleeping. So focus on what matters to you. As for the rest, ignorance is really bliss.
- So what if somebody tells you how good or bad you have been doing? Being acknowledged for what you have done can only make you feel good, but it doesn’t really matter actually. Instead, focus on what you want to achieve and get them!
Hope this has been useful to those of you who are reading this article.
Image credit: Leland Francisco